The Western Positive Psychology Association (WPPA) is dedicated to creating a collaborative scientific community of faculty, students, and scholars to advance and support academic agenda in the field of positive psychology in the western region of the United States. The WPPA encourages education, research and dissemination of knowledge in positive psychology and supports the professional development of positive psychology faculty and students in the region.
To increase scientific research, collaborative investigations, and recognition of positive psychology’s contributions by creating an impactful and sustainable academic presence of positive psychology in the western region of the United States.
Goals and Objectives
- To increase and promote rigorous scientific research in positive psychology in the western region
- To support faculty and graduate and undergraduate students engaged in research and education in positive psychology
- To encourage growth of the field through collaborative investigations and interdisciplinary research
- To encourage dissemination of knowledge by conducting and supporting symposia and other academic events in positive psychology
- To encourage and invite funding for positive psychology research, and sponsorships for students engaged in positive psychology research and education
- To create and promote academic jobs in positive psychology in the western region
- To create an online space to encourage faculty and students to engage with each other, create opportunities for collaboration, and enhance a sense of academic community
- To organize rich exchange of knowledge and ideas around key topics through Special Interest Groups
- To encourage mentorship and support of students in positive psychology